Kiki Tarvin, DVM, MPH, MS, Diplomate, ACVS is a Veterinary Surgeon who joined the MedVet Chicago team in 2016. Dr. Tarvin attended Iowa State University where she earned her Bachelor of Science degree in both Biology and Animal Science, as well as her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. While completing veterinary school, Dr. Tarvin also received a Master of Public Health Degree from the University of Iowa College of Public Health.
Following her graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Tarvin completed a yearlong small animal rotating internship at the Animal Medical Center in New York, as well as yearlong small animal surgical internship at the Animal Specialty & Emergency Center in Los Angeles. Dr. Tarvin then went on to complete a three-year surgical residency at the Colorado State University College of Veterinary Medicine.
Although experienced in all areas of small animal surgery, Dr. Tarvin is especially interested in minimally invasive laparoscopic surgeries, reconstructive and oncological procedures, and advanced procedures such as external skeletal fixation for fracture repair. Dr. Tarvin’s favorite part of veterinary medicine is being able to work alongside her clients, referral partners, and colleagues to provide compassionate care and improve the health of animals. When Dr. Tarvin is not busy caring for her patients, she enjoys staying active through horseback riding, bouldering, hiking, and fly fishing, as well as spending time with her family.
- Bachelor of Science (Biology): Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa
- Bachelor of Science (Animal Science): Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Iowa State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Ames, Iowa
- Master of Public Health: University of Iowa, Ames, Iowa
- Internship (Small Animal-Rotating): The Animal Medical Center, New York, New York
- Internship (Small Animal Surgical): Animal Specialty & Emergency Center, Los Angeles, California
- Residency (Surgery): Colorado State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Fort Collins, Colorado
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Surgeons
- American College of Veterinary Surgeons
- American Animal Hospital Association
- Illinois Veterinary Medical Association