Kyle Snowdon, DVM, Diplomate, ACVS-SA is a board-certified Veterinary Surgeon at MedVet Akron where he has been a part of the team since August 2020. Dr. Snowdon attended The Ohio State University where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental Science. He then went on to earn his Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the Michigan State University College of Veterinary Medicine in East Lansing, MI. Dr. Snowden then completed a specialty internship in rotating medicine and surgery at Colorado State University College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences in Fort Collins, CO and a specialty internship in veterinary surgery at Gulf Coast Veterinary Specialists in Houston, TX.
Dr. Snowdon’s favorite part of practicing veterinary medicine is developing solutions to complex problems. He is interested in 3D surgical planning, 3D printing, and minimally invasive orthopedic surgery. He has authored a publication regarding the accuracy of patient-specific 3D printed drill guides in the placement of a canine coxofemoral toggle pin through a minimally invasive approach. He also has a publication regarding the risk factors for dehiscence of stapled functional end-to-end intestinal anastomoses in dogs, and a third publication on single oblique osteotomy for correction of antebrachial angular and torsional deformities in a dog.
When not 3D printing for veterinary medicine, Dr. Snowdon enjoys doing so as a hobby along with graphic design. He also loves to be outdoors, whether he is hiking, camping, paddle boarding, or playing soccer.
- Bachelor of Science: The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Michigan State University College of Veterinary Medicine, East Lansing, Michigan
- Specialty Internship in Rotating Medicine and Surgery: Colorado State University College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences in Fort Collins, Colorado
- Specialty Internship in Veterinary Surgery: Gulf Coast Veterinary Specialists, Houston, Texas
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Surgeons - Small Animal