Dr. Vititoe received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Environmental Studies from the University of California-Santa Barbara in Santa Barbara, CA, followed by a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the University of Prince Edward Island-Atlantic Veterinary College in Charlottetown, Canada. Dr. Vititoe then went on to complete a yearlong rotating small animal medicine and surgery internship at the University of Illinois Veterinary Teaching Hospital in Champaign County, IL, as well as a three-year Diagnostic Imaging Residency and Master’s program, completing his final year at Purdue University College of Veterinary Medicine in West Lafayette, IN.
His Master’s degree research on the use of Computed Tomography (CT) for the detection of cardiac clots in cats with heart disease and congestive heart failure was published in the of Veterinary Radiology & Ultrasound. He has additional publications in the Canadian Veterinary Journal, as well as ongoing research, including in exotic and small mammal patients.
Although trained in all aspects of veterinary radiology, Dr. Vititoe maintains a particular interest in using CT without general anesthesia for patients that may otherwise have limited imaging performed, such as congestive heart failure and upper airway obstructions. Outside of the hospital, Dr. Vititoe likes golfing, mountain biking, climbing, running, and most importantly, spending time with his wife and two daughters.
- Bachelor of Arts: University of California Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, California
- Master of Science: University of Illinois Veterinary Teaching Hospital, Urbana, Illinois
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of Prince Edward Island-Atlantic Veterinary College, Charlottetown, Canada
- Internship: University of Illinois Veterinary Teaching Hospital, Urbana, Illinois
- Residency: Purdue University Veterinary Teaching Hospital, West Lafayette, Indiana
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Radiology
- American College of Veterinary Radiology
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Central Indiana Veterinary Medical Association
- CT/MRI Society
- Indiana Veterinary Medical Association
- Veterinary Ultrasound Society