Kyle P. Vititoe, DVM, MS, Diplomate, ACVR is a Veterinary Radiologist at MedVet Indianapolis, where he has been part of the medical team since 2017. Dr. Vititoe received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Environmental Studies from the University of California-Santa Barbara, followed by a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the University of Prince Edward Island-Atlantic Veterinary College in Charlottetown, Canada. Dr. Vititoe then went on to complete a yearlong rotating small animal medicine and surgery internship at the University of Illinois Veterinary Teaching Hospital, as well as a three-year diagnostic imaging residency and Master’s program, completing his final year at Purdue University.
His Master’s degree research on the use of Computed Tomography (CT) for the detection of cardiac clots in cats with heart disease and congestive heart failure was published in the Journal of Veterinary Radiology & Ultrasound. He has additional publications in the Canadian Veterinary Journal as well as ongoing research, including in exotics and small mammal patients.
Although trained in all aspects of veterinary radiology, Dr. Vititoe maintains a particular interest in using CT without general anesthesia for patients that may otherwise have limited imaging performed, such as congestive heart failure and upper airway obstructions. He is also fascinated with using ultrasound technology to effectively assess gastrointestinal and pancreatic disease. Dr. Vititoe especially enjoys collaborating with colleagues throughout the hospital and having the knowledge and skill to use multiple noninvasive imaging modalities to evaluate an individual patient and aid in providing a diagnosis for the clinician, patient and client.
Outside of the hospital, Dr. Vititoe likes golfing, mountain biking, climbing, running, and most importantly, spending time with his wife and two daughters.
- Bachelor of Arts: University of California Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, California
- Master of Science: University of Illinois Veterinary Teaching Hospital, Urbana, Illinois
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of Prince Edward Island-Atlantic Veterinary College, Charlottetown, Canada
- Internship: University of Illinois Veterinary Teaching Hospital, Urbana, Illinois
- Residency: Purdue University Veterinary Teaching Hospital, West Lafayette, Indiana
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Radiology
- American College of Veterinary Radiology
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Central Indiana Veterinary Medical Association
- CT/MRI Society
- Indiana Veterinary Medical Association
- Veterinary Ultrasound Society