Laurel Hire, DVM is an Emergency Medicine Veterinarian at MedVet Salt Lake City and MedVet Northern Utah. She has been a part of the MedVet team since October 2020. Dr. Hire attended the University of Georgia in Athens, GA where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology and Microbiology. She then attended the University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine and earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree.
Dr. Hire has a special interest in emergency surgery and internal medicine. Her favorite part of veterinary medicine is building meaningful relationships with families and their pets. She also enjoys the constant state of learning and evolving in order to deliver the best care possible.
In her spare time, Dr. Hire enjoys training for triathlons, hiking, skiing, baking, and trying new restaurants.
- Bachelor of Science: University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine, Athens, Georgia
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Utah Veterinary Medical Association(UVMA)
- Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society (VECCS)