Laurel Upton, DVM is an Emergency Medicine Veterinarian who joined the MedVet New Orleans and MedVet Mandeville teams in July 2020. Dr. Upton earned her Bachelor of Science degree from Louisiana State University, followed by her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine in Baton Rouge, LA.
Dr. Upton has a particular interest in medical oncology, and her favorite part of practicing veterinary medicine are communicating with clients and building those relationships.
When not treating patients, Dr. Upton enjoys painting, playing soccer, and volunteering her time to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
- Bachelor of Animal Science: Louisiana State University (Baton Rouge, LA)
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine (Baton Rouge, LA)
- Rotating Internship: MedVet Mandeville and MedVet New Orleans
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Veterinary Business Medical Association (VBMA)
- Free-Free Certification