Dr. McAllister earned a Bachelor of Science in Biology degree from Trinity University in San Antonio, TX. She then completed a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree at Texas A&M University in College Station, TX. Dr. McAllister went on to complete a small animal and surgery internship at North Carolina State University in Raleigh, NC, and a neurology internship at Gulf Coast Veterinary Specialists in Houston, TX. She completed her residency at The Ohio State University in Columbus, OH.
Dr. McAllister enjoys all aspects of Neurology, and is particularly interested in inflammatory brain disease and neurosurgery. Her favorite part of being a veterinarian is connecting with her patients and their families to help them find hope and solutions during a difficult part of their lives.
When not making pets’ lives better, Dr. McAllister enjoys spending time outdoors with her husband and dog and playing the violin.
- Bachelor of Science in Biology: Trinity University, San Antonio, TX
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
- Small Animal Medicine and Surgery Internship: North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
- Neurology Internship: Gulf Coast Veterinary Specialists, Houston, TX
- Neurology Residency: The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (ACVIM)
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (ACVIM)
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)