Lauren Sullivan, DVM, MS, Diplomate, ACVECC, is a Board-certified Veterinary Emergency & Critical Care Specialist at MedVet Salt Lake City and MedVet Northern Utah. She has been a part of the team since 2021.
Dr. Sullivan attended Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in Blacksburg, VA where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Animal and Poultry Sciences. She remained in Blacksburg where she earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine. Following earning her veterinary degree, Dr. Sullivan completed a rotating small animal medicine and surgery internship at Carolina Veterinary Specialists in Charlotte, NC, a specialty internship in emergency medicine and critical care at the Animal Emergency Center in Glendale, WI, and a Critical Care Residency at the Colorado State University College of Veterinary Medicine in Fort Collins, CO. She also earned a Master of Science degree in Clinical Sciences from Colorado State University in Fort Collins, CO. Prior to joining MedVet, Dr. Sullivan practiced for two years at Boulder Road Veterinary Specialists in Lafayette, CO.
Dr. Sullivan has a special interest in fluid resuscitation, management of sepsis and related disorders, and mechanical ventilation. She has authored publications on fluid therapy, parvoviral enteritis, and hospital-acquired infections. Her favorite part of veterinary medicine is the opportunity to help maintain the human-animal bond during a critical illness.
- Bachelor of Science: Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA
- Master of Science: Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine, Blacksburg, VA
- Rotating Medicine and Surgery Internship: Carolina Veterinary Specialists, Charlotte, NC
- Specialty Internship in Emergency Medicine & Critical Care: Animal Emergency Center, Glendale, WI
- Critical Care Residency: Colorado State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Fort Collins, CO
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care (DACVECC)
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society (VECCS)