Lawrence W. Anson, DVM, Diplomate, ACVS-SA is a board-certified Veterinary Surgeon who has been a part of the MedVet Akron surgery team since 1995. Dr. Anson attended the College of Wooster in Wooster, Ohio where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology. Following the completion of his undergraduate studies, Dr. Anson earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine before going on to complete an internship in small animal medicine and surgery, as well as a three-year small animal surgery residency at North Carolina State University.
Although Dr. Anson is experienced in all areas of small animal surgery, he is especially interested in orthopedic surgery. Dr. Anson’s favorite part of being a veterinarian is having the opportunity to work with clients and their pets on a daily basis. When Dr. Anson is not busy caring for his patients, he enjoys traveling, cycling and reading a good book.
- Bachelor of Arts: College of Wooster, Wooster, Ohio
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
- Internship: North Carolina State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Residency: North Carolina State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Surgeons - Small Animal
- American College of Veterinary Surgeons
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Cleveland Academy of Veterinary Medicine
- Ohio Veterinary Medical Association
- Summit County Veterinary Medical Association