Dr. Linda Lehmkuhl serves as the Chief Medical Officer and Chief Executive Officer-elect for MedVet. In January 2020, she will be the Chief Executive Officer.
In the role of Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Lehmkuhl, along with her dyad partner, the Chief Operations Officer, is responsible for optimizing the Healthcare Team’s delivery of the MedVet Experience to patients, clients, and referral partners.
She works closely with the organization’s Senior Medical Officers and Regional Medical Directors to ensure the members of our talented Medical Services team work in hospitals with a values-driven culture, strong dyad leadership, and state-of-the art equipment and technology. This strategic guidance and leadership help ensure pets and their loving families receive the best possible care and service from all MedVet locations.
Dr. Lehmkuhl is deeply committed to preserving the integrity of the veterinary profession. First and foremost, this means honoring those who dedicate their lives to the care of pets by delivering an excellent Employee Experience for our MedVet team members and an excellent Referral Partner Experience for our community veterinarians and their teams. It also means ensuring all organizational decisions put patient care, client service, and referral partner service at the forefront; in addition to reinvesting in the profession through the provision of innovation, thought leadership, top tier continuing education, clinical research, and organizational partnerships.
Prior to joining MedVet, Dr. Lehmkuhl was an Assistant Professor of Cardiology at The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine from 1993 through 1999. She earned her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from The Ohio State University in 1989. She then completed an internship in small animal medicine and surgery followed by a residency in cardiology at The Ohio State University. During her residency, she earned a Master of Science degree.
When away from the hospitals, Dr. Lehmkuhl enjoys traveling, reading, and spending time with her husband, three adult children, and three dogs.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
- Masters of Science: The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- Internship: The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
- Residency: The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Cardiology)
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Cardiology) (Presidential Advisory Committee, Past Chair - Cardiology Examination Committee, Past Chair - Presidential Nominating Committee, Past Chair - ACVIM Forum Cardiology Program Committee)
- Companion Animal Pacemaker Registry and Repository, Previous Director
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Ohio Veterinary Medical Association (Past District Representative and Board Member, Chair - Midwest Veterinary Conference Pet Animal Committee)
- Columbus Academy of Veterinary Medicine