Lisa Fulton, DVM, Diplomate, ACVIM, is a board-certified Veterinary Oncologist at MedVet Columbus where she has been part of the medical team since 2005. Dr. Fulton attended Miami University where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree and The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine where she earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. Following her graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Fulton completed a yearlong internship in small animal medicine and surgery, as well as a three-year residency in small animal medical oncology at the Animal Medical Center in New York.
After becoming a board-certified Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Oncology), Dr. Fulton became an innovator in the field of veterinary oncology. She established the first veterinary medical oncology practice in the Washington D.C. area and was one of the charter members of Animal Clinical Investigations, a group of oncologists in private practice dedicated to the advancement of veterinary oncology. At MedVet, she has played a lead role in the development of the bone marrow transplant service which has treated patients from across the United States.
Dr. Fulton has become a leader and well-known figure in the veterinary community. During the past 26 years, Dr. Fulton has pioneered the use of advanced medical therapies to treat cancer in animals. Her research focus includes Lymphoma, soft tissue sarcomas, and mast cell tumors. The results of her clinical trials have been widely published.
Dr. Fulton is an active advocate of continued education for veterinary professionals and is frequently invited to lecture nationally on such veterinary oncology topics as chemotherapy, immunotherapy, and hematology. She has presented at the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine annual conference, the Mid-Atlantic States Veterinary Meeting, and multiple local and regional veterinary meetings. She is the author and co-author of several publications in a variety of veterinary journals.
- Bachelors of Science: Miami University, Oxford, Ohio
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
- Internship: The Animal Medical Center, New York, New York
- Residency: The Animal Medical Center, New York, New York
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Oncology)
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
- Ohio Veterinary Medical Association
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Pfizer Elite Advisory Board
- Animal Clinic Investigations
- Veterinary Cancer Society
- Columbus Academy of Veterinary Medicine