Lisbeth (Liz) Ambrosius, DVM, MS, Diplomate, ACVIM (Oncology), is a Board-Certified Veterinary Medical Oncologist and the Medical Director at MedVet Chicago. She has been a part of the MedVet team since 2021 and joined MedVet Chicago in 2023.
Dr. Ambrosius attended the University of Wisconsin-Madison in Madison, WI, where she earned a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Marketing and a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. Following veterinary school, Dr. Ambrosius completed a small animal rotating medicine and surgery internship at Coral Springs Animal Hospital in Coral Springs, FL. She then completed a medical oncology residency and Master of Science degree at Purdue University College of Veterinary Medicine in West Lafayette, IN.
Dr. Ambrosius is experienced in all aspects of Medical Oncology with particular interest in lymphoma, osteosarcoma, metronomic chemotherapy, and palliative care. She has published articles in the American Journal of Veterinary Research, the Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, and Veterinary and Comparative Orthopaedics and Traumatology. Dr. Ambrosius is also an advocate of continuing education for veterinary professionals and has lectured on a variety of medical oncology topics.
While the science of oncology has always fascinated Dr. Ambrosius, it is the ability to develop relationships with her patients and their families that is her favorite part of veterinary medicine. In addition to helping clients understand their pet’s disease, Dr. Ambrosius prioritizes maintaining good a quality of life for each patient undergoing cancer therapy.
When not helping pets, Dr. Ambrosius enjoys live music, hiking, traveling, and spending time with her family and friends.
In our “Meet the Specialist” series, we are taking you behind the scenes to get to know our specialists better and to show you why we love our team members so much! Meet Dr. Liz Ambrosius, Medical Director of MedVet Chicago and Veterinary Medical Oncologist.
- Bachelor of Business Administration: University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin
- Master of Science: Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin
- Small Animal Rotating Medicine and Surgery Internship: Coral Springs Animal Hospital, Coral Springs, Florida
- Medical Oncology Residency: Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Oncology)