Lorna Culver, VMD, is an Emergency Medicine Veterinarian at WestVet Boise, where she has been a part of the team since 2021.
Dr. Culver attended the University of Delaware in Newark, DE where she graduated summa cum laude, earning a Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Science and a minor in Strength and Conditioning. She then earned a Veterinary Medicine Doctor degree from the University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine in Philadelphia, PA. Following earning her veterinary degree, Dr. Culver completed a rotating medicine and surgery internship at the Veterinary Specialty Center of Delaware in New Castle, DE.
Dr. Culver has a special interest in toxicology, neurology, treating acute trauma patients, and wound repair. Her favorite part of emergency medicine is the opportunity to make a dramatic difference in how a pet is feeling in just a short amount of time. She enjoys the opportunity to treat a variety of medical conditions, allowing her to gain experience across a breadth of concentrations and specialties. Additionally, Dr. Culver loves the people who work in veterinary medicine and feels they are some of the kindest, most hard-working, and funniest people she knows.
When not caring for patients, Dr. Culver enjoys traveling, cooking, baking, swimming, and spending time with her family and pets.
- Bachelor of Science: University of Delaware, Newark, DE
- Veterinary Medicine Doctor degree: University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Internship: Veterinary Specialty Center of Delaware, New Castle, DE
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society (VECCS)