Lynne Snow, DVM, MS, Diplomate, ACVS-SA is a board-certified Veterinary Surgeon who has been a part of the MedVet Pittsburgh surgery team since 2017. Prior to moving back to her hometown of Pittsburgh, Dr. Snow was on the surgery team at MedVet New Orleans.
Dr. Snow attended the University of South Carolina where she graduated in 2000 with a Bachelor of Science in Marine Science. Following the completion of her undergraduate studies, Dr. Snow earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine in 2004. Dr. Snow then completed two yearlong internships. First, a small animal medicine and surgery internship at Veterinary Medical and Surgical Group in Ventura, CA and then a surgical internship at the Animal Specialty Group in Los Angeles, CA. Dr. Snow then completed a surgery fellowship and three-year residency at the Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine. She also earned a Masters of Science in veterinary medicine during her residency program. Following her residency, Dr. Snow was an Associate Professor at Murdoch University in Western Australia teaching both orthopedic and soft tissue surgery.
Although Dr. Snow is experienced in all areas of small animal surgery; she is especially interested in wound management, oncologic (cancer) surgery, and thoracic (heart and lungs) surgery. Dr. Snow’s favorite part of veterinary medicine is being able to help owners and pets through difficult, and often scary, times to provide a better quality of life for all. When Dr. Snow is not busy caring for her patients, she enjoys traveling, reading, making arts and crafts, and spending time with her family which includes her husband, two daughters, two dogs, and a cat. She is also a novice gardener.
- Bachelor of Science: University of South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine, Urbana, Illinois
- Internship: Veterinary Medical and Surgical Group, Ventura, CA
- Surgical Internship: Animal Specialty Group, Los Angeles, California
- Masters of Science: Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Residency: Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Surgery (Small Animal)