Dr. Myers attended the University of California at Santa Cruz where he earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Spanish Literature, followed by the University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine where he earned a Veterinariae Medicinae Doctoris (VMD) degree. Following his graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Myers completed a yearlong Rotating Internship in Small Animal Medicine and Surgery at Cornell University. Dr. Myers then went on to complete a second internship in Internal Medicine at MedVet Columbus before becoming part of the MedVet Residency Program.
In addition to Dr. Myers’ clinical endeavors, he maintains an active membership in the American Veterinary Medical Association, and has had his written work published in several veterinary-related publications, including the Journal of Orthopedic Research, Frontiers in Veterinary Science, and Veterinary Surgery.
Dr. Myers enjoys all aspects of small animal internal medicine, with specific areas of interest in nutrition, gastrointestinal disease, and endoscopy. His favorite part of practicing veterinary medicine is the challenge of diagnosing and treating diseases that are subtle and require deeper investigation, and in turn being able to improve his patients’ quality of life. When not seeing patients, Dr. Myers enjoys scuba diving and has recently taken up underwater photography.
- Bachelor of Arts: University of California, Santa Cruz, California
- Veterinariae Medicinae Doctoris (VMD): University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Rotating Internship: Cornell University, Ithaca, New York
- Internship: MedVet Medical & Cancer Centers for Pets, Columbus, Ohio
- American Veterinary Medical Association