Marco Cervi, DVM, Diplomate, ACVS-SA is a board-certified Veterinary Surgeon who has been part of the team at MedVet Commerce since 2020. Dr. Cervi attended The University of Windsor in Windsor, Ontario, Canada where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Biological Sciences. He then went on to earn his Doctor of Veterinary Medicine Degree from the Ontario Veterinary College in Guelph, Ontario. Dr. Cervi then worked in general practice in Florida, before entering into his first of two internships. First, a small animal rotating internship at Michigan Veterinary Specialists in Southfield, MI. Then, he completed a small animal surgery internship at the Veterinary Emergency Clinic & Referral Centre in Toronto, Ontario. Following his internships, he completed a three-year small animal surgery residency program at Veterinary Surgical Associates in Concord, CA. He achieved his board certification from the American College of Veterinary Surgeons in 2012.
While Dr. Cervi carries an advanced knowledge and love for all aspects of small animal surgery, he has a special interest in orthopedic surgery, oncologic and reconstructive surgery, as well as minimally invasive techniques such as laparoscopy, thoracoscopy, arthroscopy, and minimally invasive fracture repair. His favorite part of being a veterinarian are the challenges to finding a solution for difficult and critical surgeries. When not caring for his patients, Dr. Cervi enjoys spending time with his wife, fellow MedVet Commerce team member and board-certified Internal Medicine specialist, Dr. Jennifer Clooten, as well as running, cycling, cooking, traveling, and his cat and French Bulldog.
- Bachelor of Science: The University of Windsor in Windsor, Ontario, Canada
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine Degree from the Ontario Veterinary College, Guelph, Ontario
- Small Animal Rotating Internship: Michigan Veterinary Specialists in Southfield, Michigan
- Small Animal Surgery Internship: Veterinary Emergency Clinic & Referral Centre, Toronto, Ontario
- Three-year Small Animal Surgery Residency: Veterinary Surgical Associates, Concord, California