Maria M. Henry, DVM, is a Veterinarian and Hospitalist in the Surgery Department at MedVet Mandeville where she has been part of the medical and surgical teams since 2002. Dr. Henry attended Louisiana State University where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree and The Ohio State University where she earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. Following her graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Henry completed a yearlong internship in small animal medicine, emergency care, and surgery at Louisiana Veterinary Referral Center, Mandeville, Louisiana, now known as MedVet Mandeville. Dr. Henry joined the surgery and emergency team after her internship. She acted as hospital manager for MedVet Mandeville from 2012 to 2016 when she rejoined the surgery department.
Although Dr. Henry enjoys all aspects of emergency and surgery, she has particular interest in computed tomography (CT) imaging. She is certified in the PennHIP testing procedure that predicts the development of hip dysplasia in dogs. When not treating patients, Dr. Henry enjoys spending time with her family and friends.
- Bachelor of Science: Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
- Internship: Louisiana Veterinary Referral Center, Mandeville, Louisiana
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Louisiana Veterinary Medical Association
- Florida Parish Veterinary Medical Association