Mathew C. Lovett, DVM, MS, Diplomate, ACVIM (Neurology) is a Veterinary Neurologist at MedVet Columbus where he has been part of the medical team since 2009. He is also the Neurology Department Representative for MedVet. Dr. Lovett attended The Ohio State University where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree, as well as a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. Following his graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Lovett completed a yearlong internship in small animal medicine and surgery at Animal Emergency and Referral Center in Chicago and a three-year residency in small animal neurology at MedVet Columbus.
Dr. Lovett received the Knecht Award from the Specialty of Neurology at the 2013 American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine Forum. This award is presented to the third year resident whose research is considered to have the most significant contribution to the advancement of Veterinary Neurology. His clinical research includes evaluation of protein biomarkers in the spinal fluid of dogs with degenerative myelopathy and he was the first to report the magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) characteristics of a fourth ventricular cholesterol granuloma in a dog.
Since becoming a board-certified Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Neurology), Dr. Lovett has become a leader and well-known figure in the Columbus veterinary community. He is an active advocate of continued education for veterinary professionals and has lectured on various small animal neurology topics.
Although Dr. Lovett is experienced in all aspects of small animal neurology, he has particular interests in novel treatment of inflammatory disorders of the central nervous system, intracranial surgery, and employing adjunct therapies for status epilepticus and head trauma.
- Bachelors of Science: The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
- Masters of Science: The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
- Internship: Animal Emergency and Referral Center, Chicago, Illinois
- Residency: MedVet Medical & Cancer Centers for Pets, Columbus, Ohio
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Neurology)
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Ohio Veterinary Medical Association