Matthew (Matt) D. Schnabl, DVM, is a Veterinary Hospitalist at MedVet Chicago, where he has been a part of our team since 2022.
Dr. Schnabl earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology from Illinois Wesleyan University in Bloomington, IL. He then earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the University of Illinois in Champaign-Urbana, IL, and completed a rotating medicine and surgery internship at Carolina Veterinary Specialists in Charlotte, NC.
While he enjoys many aspects of veterinary medicine, Dr. Schnabl has a particular interest in cardiology pathophysiology, emergency medicine, and internal medicine. One of his favorite parts of being a veterinarian is taking complicated critical cases and working with a team to stabilize patients and get them on the road to recovery.
When not helping pets, Dr. Schnabl enjoys spending time with his wife and children, especially when they share activities outdoors, such as running, biking, hiking, and camping.
- Bachelor of Science: Illinois Wesleyan University, Bloomington-Normal, IL
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, IL
- Rotating Medicine and Surgery Internship: Carolina Veterinary Specialists, Charlotte, NC
- American Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care (AVECC)
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- International Society of Veterinary Medical Association (ISVMA)