Matthew Lemmons, DVM, Diplomate, AVDC is a BOARD CERTIFIED VETERINARY DENTIST™ at MedVet Indianapolis where he has been part of the medical team since 2007. Prior to joining the MedVet team, Dr. Lemmons practiced at Circle City Veterinary Specialty & Emergency Hospital which is now MedVet Indianapolis.
Dr. Lemmons attended Purdue University where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Science and a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. Following his graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Lemmons practiced general small animal medicine for one year before beginning a residency program in dentistry and oral surgery at the University of Wisconsin. As a student he received the Morris Animal Foundation Award for demonstration of the human animal bond and was the first recipient of the John Sowers Memorial Dental Resident Award.
In 2008, Dr. Lemmons completed his certification with the American Veterinary Dental College to become a specialist in veterinary dentistry and oral surgery. He is a consultant for the dentistry boards on the Veterinary Information Network (VIN.com) and has authored several chapters in veterinary dentistry textbooks.
Although Dr. Lemmons maintains an interest in all aspects of veterinary dentistry, areas of special clinical interest are endodontic and periodontal therapy, and maxillofacial trauma and reconstruction. Dr. Lemmons favorite part of practicing veterinary dentistry is improving his patients’ quality of life and seeing how happy that makes their owners. When not treating patients, Dr. Lemmons teaches as a certified Krav Maga instructor and practices Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.
- Bachelor of Science: Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Purdue University School of Veterinary Medicine, West Lafayette, Indiana
- Residency: University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American Veterinary Dental College
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- American Veterinary Dental College
- American Veterinary Dental Society
- Indiana Veterinary Medical Association
- Central Indiana Veterinary Medical Association
- Member of the Academy of Veterinary Dentistry