Matthew Lemmons, DVM, Diplomate, AVDC™, is a BOARD CERTIFIED VETERINARY DENTIST™ at MedVet Indianapolis, where he has been part of the team since 2007. He is also the Dentistry Specialty Leader for all MedVet locations.
Dr. Lemmons attended Purdue University in West Lafayette, IN where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Science and a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. Following his graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Lemmons practiced general small animal medicine for one year before beginning a residency program in dentistry and oral surgery at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, in Madison, WI. As a veterinary student, he received the Morris Animal Foundation Award for demonstration of the human animal bond and was the first recipient of the John Sowers Memorial Dental Resident Award.
In 2008, Dr. Lemmons became a board-certified Diplomate of the American Veterinary Dental College. He is a consultant for the dentistry boards on the Veterinary Information Network (VIN.com) and has authored several chapters in veterinary dentistry textbooks. When not treating patients, Dr. Lemmons teaches as a certified Krav Maga instructor and practices Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.
- Bachelor of Science: Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Purdue University School of Veterinary Medicine, West Lafayette, Indiana
- Residency: University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American Veterinary Dental College
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- American Veterinary Dental College
- American Veterinary Dental Society
- Indiana Veterinary Medical Association
- Central Indiana Veterinary Medical Association
- Member of the Academy of Veterinary Dentistry