Megan E. Mathews, DVM is a veterinarian and Resident in Surgery at MedVet Columbus, where she joined the team in 2018.
Dr. Mathews attended the University of Georgia, where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Agriculture for both Animal Science and Biological Science. She remained in Georgia to earn a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree, attending the University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine. Next, she completed a small animal rotating internship at VCA Alameda East Veterinary Hospital in Denver, CO. This was followed by a specialty surgical internship at Metropolitan Veterinary Hospital in Akron, OH.
Passionate for all aspects of veterinary surgery, her favorite part about practicing veterinary medicine is seeing the moment when a hospitalized patient is reunited with the owner to go home, and she finds great fulfillment in knowing she’s responsible for helping make a positive difference in both their lives.
In her spare time, Dr. Mathews enjoys ballroom dancing, cooking, and hiking.
- Bachelor of Science: University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine, Athens, Georgia
- Rotating Internship: VCA Alameda East Veterinary Hospital, Denver, Colorado
- Internship: Metropolitan Veterinary Hospital, Akron, Ohio
- American Veterinary Medical Association