Meghan Slanina, DVM, Diplomate ACVIM (Neurology) is a board-certified small animal Neurologist at MedVet Cincinnati where she has been part of the medical team since 2016. Dr. Slanina attended The Ohio State University where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in 2008, and a Doctor in Veterinary Medicine degree in 2011. Following her graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Slanina completed a yearlong rotating internship in small animal medicine and surgery at BluePearl Veterinary Partners in Florida, a yearlong neurology internship at the Gulf Coast Veterinary Specialistsand a three-year residency in small animal neurology at Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine. She attained board certification with the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine in July 2016.
Dr. Slanina is an active advocate of continuingeducation for veterinary professionals and has lectured on small animal neurology and neurosurgery to veterinarians and veterinary students on topics including myelopathies, seizure management, and central nervous system neoplasia. She has also published scientific articles on small animal neurology and has written a book chapter on Atlantoaxial Instability in the Veterinary Clinics of North America.
Although Dr. Slanina maintains an interest in all aspects of small animal neurology, she has particular interest in seizure disorders and central nervous system inflammatory disease. When not treating patients, Dr. Slanina enjoys exploring Cincinnati and spending time with her Bernese Mountain Dog, Bella.
- Bachelor of Science: Biological Sciences, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine
- Internship in Small Animal Medicine and Surgery: BluePearl Veterinary Partners in Tampa, Florida
- Internship in Neurology: Golf Coast Veterinary Specialists in Houston, Texas
- Residency in Small Animal Surgery: Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine in Ithaca, New York
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Neurology)
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
- American Veterinary Medical Association