Melinda (Mendy) Leshy, DVM, CVA, CVCHM, CAC is an Integrative Medicine Veterinarian at MedVet Columbus where she has been part of the medical team since 2012. Dr. Leshy attended Miami University where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in 1997 and The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine where she earned her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree in 2003. Following her graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Leshy completed a yearlong internship in small animal medicine and surgery at The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine. In 2003, she was awarded the Pfizer Proficiency in Small Animal Medicine and Surgery Award.
After completing her internship, Dr. Leshy worked in a general private practice and a faculty member in the Community Practice department at the Ohio State Veterinary hospital. Her interest in alternative medical options for pets prompted her to pursue studies and specialization in integrative medicine. She has completed three levels of Healing Touch therapy for Animals and obtained her CVA (Certified Veterinary Acupuncture) certification. She is currently working on her Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine Certification.
Although Dr. Leshy enjoys all aspects of integrative medicine, she has particular interests in alternative and noninvasive treatment options for patients not responding to traditional medical treatment. When not treating patients, Dr. Leshy enjoys spending time with her three children, dogs, cats, chickens and rabbit and attending continuing education classes.
- Bachelors of Science: Miami University, Oxford, Ohio
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
- Internships: The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
- Certification: Certified Veterinary Acupuncturist
- American Association of Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine (AATCVM)
- American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association (AHVMA)
- College of Integrative Veterinary Medicine
- American Veterinary Medical Association