Melissa Garr, DVM is an Emergency Medicine Veterinarian who has been part of the MedVet Akron medical team since 2008. Dr. Garr attended Ohio University in Athens, Ohio, where she earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics. Following the completion of her undergraduate studies, Dr. Garr earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from St. George’s University in Grenada, West Indies.
In addition to her clinical endeavors, Dr. Garr is an active member of several professional organizations, including the American Veterinary Medical Association, Ohio Veterinary Medical Association, and Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society. Although interested in all aspects of veterinary medicine, Dr. Garr is particularly interested in gastrointestinal illnesses and toxicity cases. Her favorite part of being a veterinarian is having the knowledge and skills to make pets feel better.
When not caring for patients, Dr. Garr enjoys hiking, gardening, biking, baking, travel and photography.
- Bachelor of Arts: Ohio University, Athens, Ohio
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: St. George's University School of Veterinary Medicine, Grenada, West Indies
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Ohio Veterinary Medical Association
- Veterinary Emergency & Critical Care Society