Melissa Clark, DVM, PhD, Diplomate, ACVCP, Diplomate, ACVIM is a veterinary Internal Medicine Specialist at MedVet Columbus, where she has been part of the medical team since 2017. Dr. Clark attended Brigham Young University where she received a Bachelor of Science degree before going on to veterinary school and earning her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from Washington State University. Following her graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Clark completed a three-year residency in veterinary clinical pharmacology as well as a Doctorate in Philosophy at the University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine, leading to her board certification as a Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Clinical Pharmacology. Additionally, Dr. Clark completed a second residency in small animal internal medicine at The Animal Medical Center in New York, leading to her second board certification as a Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine.
In addition to her clinical endeavors, Dr. Clark has been published in a variety of veterinary-related publications, with article topics including antibiotics, antifungals and antidiabetic drugs in dogs and cats. Although she maintains an interest in all aspects of small animal medicine, Dr. Clark is particularly passionate about clinical pharmacology and endocrinology. Her favorite part about being a veterinarian is being able to help solve a problem that will make a difference in the lives of pets and their owners. When not treating patients, Dr. Clark enjoys running and spending time with family and friends.
- Bachelor of Science: Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
- Doctorate of Philosophy: Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Washington State University, Pullman, Washington
- Residency: University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, Champaign, Illinois
- Residency: The Animal Medical Center, New York, New York
- Board Certification: Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Clinical Pharmacology
- Board Certification: Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Small Animal Internal Medicine)