Melissa S. Wallace, DVM, Diplomate, ACVIM (SAIM) is a board-certified Veterinary Internist and the Regional Medical Director for MedVet Columbus and MedVet Hilliard. She has been part of the leadership team since 2014. Dr. Wallace attended the University of Minnesota where she earned both a Bachelor of Science degree and a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. Following her graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Wallace completed a yearlong internship in small animal medicine and surgery, a three-year residency in small animal internal medicine and a yearlong fellowship at the Animal Medical Center in New York City.
After becoming a board-certified Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine, Dr. Wallace, practiced and was the Head of Nephrology, Urology, Endocrinology & Reproduction at the Animal Medical Center in New York City. She worked as Clinical Assistant Professor at the University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Veterinary Medicine, and was Medical Director and Regional Medical Director for various VCA Animal Hospitals.
Dr. Wallace is the author and co-author of several publications in a variety of veterinary journals, including the Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, Veterinary Medicine, and the Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine. She has written chapters in a variety of textbooks including The Merck Veterinary Manual, Current Veterinary Therapy XI and XII, The 5 Minute Veterinary Consult, Textbook of Veterinary Internal Medicine, and Handbook of Small Animal Practice.
Dr. Wallace has served as a reviewer for leading veterinary journals and has held leadership roles in professional veterinary associations. She has done professional consulting and has participated in many committees and veterinary task forces. Dr. Wallace is also an active advocate of continuing education for veterinary professionals and has lectured on various small animal internal medicine topics regionally, nationally and internationally.
- Bachelor of Science: University of Minnesota, Duluth, Minnesota
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of Minnesota College of Veterinary Medicine, St. Paul, Minnesota
- Internship: The Animal Medical Center, New York, New York
- Residency: The Animal Medical Center, New York, New York
- Fellowship: The Animal Medical Center, New York, New York
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Small Animal Internal Medicine)
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- American Animal Hospital Association
- Wisconsin Veterinary Medical Association
- Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society
- Columbus Academy of Veterinary Medicine