Dr. Sparks attended the University of California Santa Cruz in Santa Cruz, CA, where she earned, with honors, a Bachelor of Science degree in Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology and a minor in Physics. She then earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine from the University of California Davis School of Veterinary Medicine in Davis, CA. Additionally, Dr. Sparks is Level 3 Fear Free Certified® and Low Stress Handling® Silver Certified.
Dr. Sparks has a special interest in endocrine diseases, soft tissue surgery, and feline medicine. Her favorite part of veterinary medicine is providing comfort to people and pets in distress.
When not caring for patients, Dr. Sparks enjoys making clay pottery, reading the Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, volunteering at rural spay and neuter clinics, and spending time with her partner, two cats, and retired agility dog.
- Bachelor of Science: University of California Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz, CA
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of California Davis School of Veterinary Medicine, Davis, CA
- Certification: Level 3 Fear Free Certified®
- Certification: Low Stress Handling® Silver Certified
- California Veterinary Medical Association (CVMA)