Meredith L. Leary, VMD, Diplomate, ACVECC is a board-certified Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care specialist at MedVet Cincinnati and MedVet Dayton, where she has been part of the medical team since 2017. Dr. Leary attended Colorado State University and earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Biological Sciences before going on to earn her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the University of Pennsylvania. Following her graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Leary completed a rotating internship in small animal medicine and surgery, as well as a three-year residency in small animal emergency and critical care at Angell Animal Medical Center in Boston, Massachusetts.
In addition to her clinical endeavors, Dr. Leary has authored scientific papers on various veterinary topics, including gastric dilatation volvulus in cats, and maintains an active membership in professional veterinary organizations, such as the American College of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care, American Veterinary Medical Association, and Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society.
Although Dr. Leary maintains an interest in all aspects of emergency and critical care medicine, she is particularly passionate about pain management, transfusion medicine, respiratory disease, mechanical ventilation, endocrine emergencies and polytrauma cases. Her favorite part of practicing veterinary medicine is the variety of cases she has the opportunity to see in the emergency room, as well as the challenge and opportunity for continued learning that each case presents. Dr. Leary also loves being able to help guide pet owners through the stress and emotion associated with having a sick pet, as well as seeing her patients go home and return to living a happy and healthy life.
When not caring for patients, Dr. Leary enjoys horseback riding, hiking, traveling, cooking, baking, reading, gymnastics and spending time outdoors.
- Bachelor of Science: Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Internship: Angell Animal Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts
- Residency: Angell Animal Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
- American College of Veterinary Emergency & Critical Care
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Veterinary Emergency & Critical Care Society