Michael Buss, DVM, MS, Diplomate, ACVIM (Oncology) is a board-certified Veterinary Medical Oncologist and the Medical Director at MedVet Chicago who joined the team in February 2019. Dr. Buss earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Biology followed by his Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the University of Missouri-Columbia College of Veterinary Medicine in Columbia, MO. He completed a yearlong small animal rotating medicine and surgery internship at the University of Illinois in Urbana, IL followed by his three-year residency in small animal oncology at Washington State University in Pullman, WA. He received his Master’s in Veterinary Science from Washington State University College of Veterinary Medicine.
Prior to joining MedVet, he and his wife founded the Midwest Veterinary Referral Center in the St. Louis, MO area in 2007. He spent the next decade as Medical Director, focusing on building a successful emergency and multi-specialty center. Along with this deep clinical experience and expertise, Dr. Buss is known for his collaborative mindset and passion for veterinary medicine.
Dr. Buss maintains professional memberships in several veterinary organizations and has a special interest in intralesional chemotherapy. His favorite part of practicing veterinary medicine is working with pet owners through the difficult diagnosis of cancer and providing care and comfort for all of his patients.
When not practicing veterinary medicine, Dr. Buss enjoys trying new cooking and grilling techniques.
- Bachelor of Science, Biology: University of Missouri in Columbia, Missouri
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of Missouri-Columbia College of Veterinary Medicine in Columbia, Missouri
- Small Animal Rotating Medicine and Surgery Internship: University of Illinois, Urbana, Illinois
- Small Animal Oncology Residency: Washington State University, Pullman, Washington
- Master's in Veterinary Science: Washington State University College of Veterinary Medicine in Pullman, Washington
- American Veterinary Medicine Association (AVMA)
- Veterinary Cancer Center (VCS)
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (ACVIM)
- Chicago Veterinary Medical Association (CVMA)