Michael (Mike) D. Lucroy, DVM, MS, Diplomate, ACVIM (Oncology) is the Director of Clinical Studies Center for MedVet and a board-certified Veterinary Medical Oncologist at MedVet Indianapolis where he has been part of the medical team since 2016. Dr. Lucroy attended Purdue University where he earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. Following his graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Lucroy completed a a yearlong internship at the University of Saskatchewan followed by a two-year residency at the University of California Davis School of Veterinary Medicine. While a post-graduate researcher at the Center for Companion Animal Health, he earned a Masters of Science degree at the University of California, Davis.
After becoming a board-certified Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine, Dr. Lucroy worked in private specialty practice in FL, served on the faculty of the Oklahoma State University College of Veterinary Medicine, and later as an Associate Professor of Oncology in the Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences at Purdue University. In this role, he delivered oncology lectures to veterinary students, trained interns and residents, and served as Chief of Clinical Oncology. Before joining MedVet, Dr. Lucroy worked at Elanco Animal Health as part of the R&D organization.
His work in the field of Medical Oncology has been extensively published in veterinary journals and he has lectured both nationally and internationally. Dr. Lucroy also served on the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (ACVIM) Oncology Examination Committee.
Although Dr. Lucroy maintains an interest in all aspects of veterinary oncology, he has particular interest in clinical trials and comparative oncology research. One of the things Dr. Lucroy loves about practicing veterinary medicine is all the wonderful people and pets he gets to meet and help. When not treating patients, Dr. Lucroy enjoys spending time with this family, 3 dogs and 4 cats and puttering on his hobby farm, complete with ducks, chickens, geese & honeybees.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana
- Masters of Science: University of California, Davis, California
- Internship: University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
- Residency: University of California, Davis, California
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- American Animal Hospital Association
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
- Indiana Veterinary Medical Association
- Veterinary Cancer Society
- Central Indiana Veterinary Medical Association