Michael A. Della Ripa, DVM, Diplomate, ACVIM (SAIM), is a board-certified Veterinary Internal Medicine Specialist at MedVet Cincinnati. Dr. Della Ripa has been part of the medical team since 2010. He attended the University of New Haven where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree and Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine where he earned his Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. Following his graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Della Ripa completed a yearlong internship in small animal medicine and surgery and a three-year residency in small animal internal medicine at Louisiana Veterinary Referral and Emergency Center, now known as MedVet Mandeville. He has trained with veterinary specialists at Louisiana State University, Virginia Tech and Angell Memorial in Boston, Massachusetts.
Since becoming a board-certified Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine, Dr. Della Ripa has authored and co-authored several publications in refereed veterinary journals including Compendium and the Journal of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care. He is an active advocate of continued education for veterinary professionals and has lectured on various small animal internal medicine topics.
Dr. Della Ripa maintains an interest in all aspects of small animal internal medicine with particular interests in endocrinology, gastroenterology, local infectious diseases, hematology, pharmacology, rheumatology, nutrition, and urology. His favorite part of veterinary medicine is witnessing the look on his client’s face when they see their beloved pet trotting towards them feeling so much better!!
Dr. Della Ripa veterinary career began very early in life while assisting his father, Angelo, in canine, equine, and human chiropractic medicine in Connecticut and Massachusetts. After working as a veterinary assistant at his local veterinary clinic, he made the decision to become a veterinarian.
Dr. Della Ripa is passionate about global conservation, animal welfare, and human rights. When not treating patients, he enjoys spending time with his wife, Karolina, and exploring the history and cuisine of the Cincinnati area.
- Bachelors of Science: University of New Haven, West Haven, Connecticut
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine, St. Kitts, West Indies
- Internship: Louisiana Veterinary Referral and Emergency Center, Mandeville, Louisiana
- Residency: Louisiana Veterinary Referral and Emergency Center, Mandeville, Louisiana
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Small Animal Internal Medicine)
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
- American Animal Hospital Association
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Cincinnati Veterinary Medical Association
- Northern Kentucky Veterinary Medical Association
- Miami Valley Veterinary Medical Association