Michael B. Mison, DVM, Diplomate, ACVS-SA is a board-certified Veterinary Surgeon at MedVet Salt Lake City where he has been part of the medical team since 2021. Dr. Mison attended the University of Florida in Gainesville, FL where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Microbiology and Cell Science with a minor in Chemistry. He went on to earn his Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree at the University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine. Following veterinary school, Dr. Mison completed a small animal medicine and surgery internship plus a Surgery Residency at Michigan State University College of Veterinary Medicine in East Lansing, MI. Dr. Mison held professor positions at Washington State University in Pullman, WA and University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, PA prior to joining MedVet Salt Lake City.
Dr. Mison is experienced in all aspects of veterinary surgery with a particular interest in soft tissue surgery and surgical oncology, in which he has also published book chapters and articles in veterinary journals. His favorite part of veterinary medicine is being able to go above and beyond to provide his patients’ families compassionate care and peace of mind when their pet is undergoing surgery. Dr. Mison is also passionate about teaching, including providing continuing education to the veterinary community.
In our “Meet the Specialist” series, we are taking you behind the scenes to get to know our specialists better and to show you why we love our team members so much! Meet Dr. Michael Mison, Veterinary Surgeon at MedVet Salt Lake City.
- Bachelor of Science: University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
- Small Animal Medicine and Surgery Internship: Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan
- Surgery Residency: Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Surgeons (ACVS)
- American College of Veterinary Surgeons
- Veterinary Society for Surgical Oncology
- Society of Veterinary Soft Tissue Surgery
- Veterinary Orthopedic Society
- American Veterinary Medicine Association
- American Animal Hospital Association
- Michigan State Veterinary Medical Association
- Washington State Veterinary Medical Association
- Puget Sound Veterinary Medical Association
- Pennsylvania Veterinary Medical Association