Michelle Samuel, VMD, DACVO is a Veterinary Ophthalmologist at MedVet Northern Virginia, where she has been a member of the team since 2018. She received her Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry from Bryn Mawr College (Bryn Mawr, PA), before graduating with her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine in 2010. Following graduation, Dr. Samuel completed a small animal medicine and surgery internship at Red Bank Veterinary Hospital in her home state of New Jersey. After she completed the internship, she stayed on and helped train incoming interns as an emergency clinician. She then completed her three-year Ophthalmology Residency at Eye Care for Animals, graduating in 2015.
A highly regarded board-certified ophthalmologist, Dr. Samuel provides exceptional canine and feline ophthalmology care to her patients. Her special interests include blepharoplastic techniques for eyelid reconstruction and corneal disease.
Dr. Samuel lives in Leesburg, VA with her husband Nate, her Himalayan cat (Monkey), her West Highland White Terrier (Macho), and her American Staffordshire Terrier (Chum). During her free time, Dr. Samuel enjoys trying new restaurants and wineries, and is currently learning to play golf.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry from Bryn Mawr College (Bryn Mawr, PA)
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine (Philadelphia, PA)
- Small Animal Medicine and Surgery Internship: Red Bank Veterinary Hospital (NJ)
- Three-year Ophthalmology Residency: Eye Care for Animals
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Ophthalmology