Molly Shepard, DVM, Diplomate, ACVAA, CCRP, cVMA, is a Board-certified Specialist in Veterinary Anesthesia & Analgesia, Certified Canine Rehabilitation Practitioner, and Certified Veterinary Acupuncturist at MedVet Chicago. She has been part of the team since 2015.
Dr. Shepard attended St. Olaf College in Northfield, MN, where she earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Biology and Philosophy. She then earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the University of Minnesota College of Veterinary Medicine in St. Paul, MN. Following earning her veterinary degree, Dr. Shepard completed a rotating small animal medicine and surgery internship at Angell Animal Medical Center in Boston, MA, and a veterinary anesthesia and analgesia residency at the University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine in Athens, GA.
Prior to joining MedVet, Dr. Shepard spent several years as a Clinical Assistant Professor of Anesthesia & Pain Management at the University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine. She is a published author of multiple research articles and book chapters, and actively advocates for continued education for veterinary professionals. Dr. Shepard has lectured on small animal anesthesia, rehabilitation, acupuncture, and pain management both nationally and internationally.
Dr. Shepard has a special interest in anesthesia for patients with cardiovascular disease, as well as the alleviation of chronic pain, particularly for patients with neurologic disease or cancer. She also loves collaborating with colleagues in primary care and training tech anesthetists.
In her spare time, Dr. Shepard enjoys spending time with her family, including her two dogs and cat.
- Bachelor of Arts: St. Olaf College, Northfield, Minnesota
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of Minnesota College of Veterinary Medicine, St. Paul, Minnesota
- Small Animal Medicine and Surgery Internship: Angell Animal Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts
- Anesthesia & Analgesia Residency: University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine, Athens, Georgia
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Anesthesia and Analgesia
- Certification: Canine Rehabilitation Practitioner (CCRP), University of Tennessee
- Certification: Medical Acupuncture for Veterinarians, Fort Collins, Colorado
- American College of Veterinary Anesthesia and Analgesia (ACVAA)
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)