Monica Clare, VMD, Diplomate, ACVECC is a board-certified Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Specialist and Medical Director at MedVet Campbell where she has been a part of the team since March 2020. Dr. Clare attended Bryn Mawr College in Bryn Mawr, PA where she earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Biology. Following her undergraduate studies, she earned a Veterinary Medicine Doctor degree from the University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine in Philadelphia, PA. She furthered her education by completing a rotating internship in small animal medicine and surgery at the Animal Medical Center in New York, NY and then a small animal emergency and critical care residency at Advanced Critical Care & Internal Medicine in Tustin, CA.
Dr. Clare maintains special interest in respiratory disease and mechanical ventilation. Her favorite part of practicing veterinary medicine is working as a team to stabilize critical patients and to reunite them with their family.
When not caring for patients, Dr. Clare can be found scuba diving, kayaking, or traveling. She grew up in South America and is fluent in Spanish. Dr. Clare also lived in Japan for two years and can speak intermediate Japanese.
- Bachelor of Arts: Bryn Mawr College, Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsyvlania
- Internship: Animal Medical Center, New York, New York
- Residency: Advanced Critical Care & Internal Medicine, Tustin, California
- Emergency & Critical Care
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Veterinary Emergency & Critical Care Society