Monty Galley, DVM, is a veterinarian who is Limited to the Practice of Surgery at MedVet Chicago. He has been a part of the MedVet team since 2014 and joined the Chicago hospital in 2022.
Dr. Galley attended Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge, LA, where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Science. He then earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from St. George’s University in True Blue, Grenada. Following earning his veterinary degree, Dr. Galley completed a rotating small animal medicine and surgery internship at MedVet New Orleans and MedVet Mandeville, followed by a small animal surgery residency at the same locations.
Dr. Galley is an advocate of continuing education for all veterinary professionals. He truly loves all aspects of the veterinary profession, especially forming relationships with clients and their pets, providing a variety of treatment options for his patients, and seeing a patient leave his care much healthy and happier than when they arrived. Dr. Galley has a particular interest in soft tissue and trauma surgery, as well as wound management.
When not treating patients, Dr. Galley enjoys traveling with his husband and exploring new sites and cities.
- Bachelor of Science: Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: St. George’s University, True Blue, Grenada
- Small Animal Medicine and Surgery Internship: MedVet New Orleans, Metairie, LA, and MedVet Mandeville, Mandeville, LA
- Small Animal Surgery Internship: MedVet New Orleans, Metairie, LA, and MedVet Mandeville, Mandeville, LA
- Small Animal Surgery Residency: MedVet New Orleans, Metairie, LA, and MedVet Mandeville, Mandeville, LA
- American College of Veterinary Surgeons (ACVS)
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)