Monty Galley, DVM, is a veterinarian and Surgery Resident at MedVet New Orleans and MedVet Mandeville where he has been part of the medical team since 2015. Dr. Galley attended Louisiana State University where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in 2009 and St. George’s University where he earned his Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree in 2014. Following his graduation from veterinary school, he completed a yearlong internship in small animal medicine and surgery at MedVet New Orleans/Mandeville where he is currently completing a three-year residency in small animal surgery.
Dr. Galley is also an active advocate of continuing education for veterinary professionals and has lectured on a variety of surgery topics to veterinarians and veterinary technicians. Although he enjoys all aspects of surgery, Dr. Galley has particular interest in thoracic surgery. When not treating patients, Dr. Galley enjoys attending local festivals and travelling.
- Bachelor of Science: Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: St. George’s University, True Blue, Grenada
- Internship (Small Animal Medicine and Surgery): MedVet New Orleans and MedVet Mandeville, New Orleans, Louisiana and Mandeville, Louisiana
- Surgical Internship (Small Animal Surgery): MedVet New Orleans and MedVet Mandeville, New Orleans, Louisiana and Mandeville, Louisiana
- Residency (Small Animal Surgery): Current: MedVet New Orleans and MedVet Mandeville, New Orleans, Louisiana and Mandeville, Louisiana
- American College of Veterinary Surgeons
- American Veterinary Medical Association