Dr. Meinema earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Science from Washington State University in Pullman, WA. She then attended the Washington State University College of Veterinary Medicine where she earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. Following earning her veterinary degree, Dr. Meinema completed an emergency medicine focused rotating internship at the Pet Emergency and Specialty Center in La Mesa, CA. Prior to joining MedVet, Dr. Meinema spent almost eight years in emergency medicine in Washington.
Dr. Meinema has a special interest in toxicology. Her favorite part of veterinary medicine is watching pets being reunited with their families after spending time in the hospital with a challenging illness.
When away from the hospital, Dr. Meinema enjoys traveling, going to the beach, and tennis.
- Bachelor of Science: Washington State University, Pullman, WA.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Washington State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Pullman, WA
- Internship: Pet Emergency and Specialty Center, La Mesa, CA
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society (VECCS)