Morgan Oakleaf, DVM, MS, cVMA, Diplomate, ACVAA, is a Board-certified Specialist in Veterinary Anesthesia & Analgesia at WestVet Boise, where she has been a part of the team since 2020.
Dr. Oakleaf attended Montana State University in Bozeman, MT where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Biotechnology with a focus in Animal Systems. She went on to earn her Master of Science degree in Clinical Sciences and Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from Colorado State University College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences in Fort Collins, CO. She then completed a rotating medicine and surgery internship at the Idaho Equine Hospital in Nampa, ID. After becoming certified as a veterinary medical acupuncturist (cVMA), she then went back to Colorado State University College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Services in Fort Collins, CO to complete a residency in Anesthesia and Analgesia.
Dr. Oakleaf has authored publications on induction of general anesthesia in goats and opioid-alternatives in companion animal anesthesia and has investigated a novel intra-articular analgesic option in horses. She is especially interested in locoregional anesthesia (nerve blocks) for orthopedic procedures, as well as anesthesia for patients with multiple comorbidities. She is always looking for ways to improve pain management, and it is her goal to bring the patient through the anesthetic procedure safely and feeling even better than they did previously. Dr. Oakleaf tries her best to develop a relationship with every animal in her care and takes seriously the opportunity to be their advocate.
In her free time, Dr. Oakleaf enjoys running and riding. She and her husband love to explore Idaho’s public lands with their active and loveable German Wirehaired Pointer, Cecil.
- Bachelor of Science: Montana State University, Bozeman, MO
- Master of Science: Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Colorado State University College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Fort Collins, CO
- Internship: Idaho Equine Hospital, Nampa, ID
- Residency: Colorado State University College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Fort Collins, CO
- Certified: Veterinary Medical Acupuncturist (cVMA)
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Anesthesia and Analgesia