Nadia Richmond, DVM is an Emergency Medicine Veterinarian who joined the MedVet New Orleans and MedVet Mandeville teams in July 2020. Dr. Richmond earned her Bachelor of Science degree from Louisiana State University, followed by her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine in Baton Rouge, LA.
Dr. Richmond is passionate about all aspects of veterinary medicine, but finds two particularly fulfilling. The first is getting to see those moments when a sick pet “turns the corner,” whether they start eating again, start walking again, or just perk up a little bit. Knowing they are feeling better and you played a part in that is beyond rewarding. The other moments are those when she gets to see the strength of the human-animal bond and play a role in facilitating it. From reuniting a recovered pet with their owner to just doing everything possible to make euthanasia go smoothly, so the owner can have a peaceful goodbye.
When not treating patients, Dr. Richmond enjoys reading, writing, computer programming, and sci-fi TV/movies.
- Bachelor of Science in Animal Science: Louisiana State University (Baton Rouge, LA)
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine (Baton Rouge, LA)
- Rotating Internship: MedVet Mandeville and MedVet New Orleans
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- American Society of Veterinary Clinical Pathologists (ASVCP)
- Phi Zeta (Tau Chapter): Honor Society of Veterinary Medicine