Dr. Chow earned a Bachelor of Science (BScH) degree in Life Sciences with a specialization in Drug Development and Human Toxicology from the Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario, Canada. She then attended the Ontario Veterinary College in Guelph, Ontario, Canada where she earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. Following veterinary school, Dr. Chow completed a small animal rotating medicine and surgery internship at VCA Canada 404 Veterinary Emergency and Referral Hospital in Newmarket, Ontario, Canada. She then completed an Anesthesia & Analgesia Residency at the University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine in Knoxville, TN.
Dr. Chow has a special interest in interventional cardiology procedures, locoregional techniques, and managing hemodynamically unstable patients. Her favorite part of veterinary medicine is the opportunity to make a difference in a pet’s life and the lives of their family.
In her spare time, Dr. Chow enjoys outdoor activities, especially if water is involved. She also enjoys playing video games and trying new food. Dr. Chow has two cats (Havok and Polaris).
- Bachelor of Science: Queen’s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Ontario Veterinary College, Guelph, Ontario, Canada
- Internship: VCA Canada 404 Veterinary Emergency and Referral Hospital, Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
- Residency: University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine, Knoxville, TN
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Anesthesia and Analgesia
- Canadian Veterinary Medical Association (CVMA)
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- North American Veterinary Anesthesia Society (NAVAS)