Natalie Theus, DVM, MS, Diplomate, ACVD, is a BOARD CERTIFIED VETERINARY DERMATOLOGIST® at MedVet Columbus where she has been part of the medical team since 2012. Dr. Theus attended The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine where she earned her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. Following her graduation from veterinary school. She completed a yearlong internship in small animal medicine and surgery at The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine. She worked as an associate veterinarian at VCA Westerville East Animal Hospital in Westerville, Ohio for two years prior to completing a three-year residency in small animal dermatology and a Master of Science degree at The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine.
Dr. Theus received the 2011 Research Excellence Award in Veterinary Clinical Sciences at the Ohio State College of Veterinary Medicine. She also received Residents’ Research Award in Basic Sciences at the North American Veterinary Dermatology Forum in 2011.
After completing her residency, Dr. Theus practiced dermatology at VCA Advanced Veterinary Care Center in Indianapolis, Indiana. After becoming a board-certified Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Dermatology, Dr. Theus joined the MedVet Columbus team.
She is the author and co-author of several scientific articles. Dr. Theus is also an active advocate of continuing education for veterinary professionals and has lectured on various small animal dermatology topics at local, regional, and national veterinary continuing education meetings.
Although she is experienced in all aspects of small animal dermatology, Dr. Theus has a particular interest in diseases of the ear and management of environmental allergies. She prioritizes collaboration with other specialists at MedVet to provide the best medical care for her patients. Dr. Theus is dedicated to excellent communication with pet owners and referring veterinarians regarding a pet’s diagnosis and treatment plan.
When not treating patients, Dr. Theus volunteers for Honor Flight Columbus, an organization that recognizes and celebrates World War II and Korean War veterans and makes it possible for them to visit memorials dedicated to their important service. She also enjoys scuba diving, dining out, traveling, and training for quarter- and half-marathons.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
- Small Animal Medicine & Surgery Internship: The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
- Residency in Dermatology: The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
- Masters of Science: The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Dermatology
- American Academy of Veterinary Dermatology
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Ohio Veterinary Medical Association (OVMA)
- Member of OVMA Committee on Health and Wellness
- Columbus Academy of Veterinary Medicine
- Miami Valley Veterinary Medical Association
- Member of Environmental Enhancement Committee at MedVet