Nicholas A. Jew, DVM, is an Avian & Exotics Veterinarian at MedVet Hilliard where he has been a part of the team since 2021.
Dr. Jew attended the University of Texas at Austin in Austin, TX where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Biomedical Engineering: Cell & Bimolecular. He then earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine in Columbus, OH. Prior to joining MedVet, Dr. Jew practiced at Norton Road Veterinary Hospital in Galloway, OH and Animal Care Unlimited in Columbus, OH in addition to providing exotics veterinary consultation.
Dr. Jew has a special interest in reptile medicine and surgery, husbandry of reptiles and amphibians, and the use of full spectrum ultraviolet (UV) radiation for exotic animals. His favorite part of veterinary medicine is educating people about the importance of appropriate husbandry of exotic animals as well as providing current, state-of-the-art medical care for exotic animals.
In his spare time, Dr. Jew enjoys fencing, reading, and being outdoors.
- Bachelor of Science: University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus, OH
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Association of Reptile and Amphibian Veterinarians (ARAV)
- Association of Exotic Mammal Veterinarians (AEMV)
- Association of Avian Veterinarians (AAV)