Dr. Nealon attended the School of Environmental and Biological Sciences at Rutgers University in New Brunswick, NJ where she graduated summa cum laude, majoring in Pre-Veterinary Science, Nutrition, and Biology and minoring in Endocrinology and Companion Animal Studies. Dr. Nealon then earned a PhD in Cell and Molecular Biology as well as a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the Colorado State University College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences in Fort Collins, CO.
Dr. Nealon has a special interest in feline medicine, emergency medicine, infectious and gastrointestinal diseases, and companion animal nutrition. Her favorite part of veterinary medicine is forming connections with pet owners as well as working with collaborative teams to assist pets in need. Additionally, Dr. Nealon has a passion for teaching and has taught microbiology courses to undergraduate students.
When not caring for patients, Dr. Nealon fosters and cares for kittens with special needs. She also enjoys baking and experimenting with vegan and vegetarian recipes, as well as listening to music. She has even taught a rock music history class.
- Bachelor of Science: The School of Environmental and Biological Sciences at Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Colorado State University College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Fort Collins, CO
- Doctor of Philosophy: Colorado State University College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Fort Collins, CO
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- American Association of Feline Practitioners (AAFP)
- American Academy of Veterinary Nutrition (AAVN)