Olivia Oubre, DVM, CVA, CCRT is an Emergency Medicine Veterinarian at MedVet Columbus and MedVet Hilliard where she has been a member of the team since July 2020. Dr. Oubre attended Louisiana State University College of Agriculture in Baton Rouge, LA where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Animal, Dairy, and Poultry Sciences. She then earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree with Honors from the Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine in Baton Rouge, LA and completed a small animal rotating medicine and surgery internship at Ordell Animal Hospital in Paramus, NJ. Dr. Oubre is also a Certified Veterinary Acupuncturist (CVA) through the Chi Institute of Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine, in addition to being a Certified Canine Rehabilitation Therapist (CCRT) through the Canine Rehabilitation Institute.
Dr. Oubre has a special interest in point-of-care ultrasonography, endocrine emergencies, and integrative medicine for neurologic and geriatric patients. She has co-authored a publication regarding canine abdominal ultrasonography in Veterinary Radiology Ultrasound, titled The Effects of Food Intake and Its Fat Composition on Intestinal Echogenicity in Healthy Dogs. Dr. Oubre’s favorite part of veterinary medicine is providing life-saving treatment and compassionate care when pets and families need it most.
When Dr. Oubre isn’t caring for patients, she spends her time with her dog, Diego, who she rescued in Puerto Rico. In her free time, she enjoys yoga, painting, and outdoor adventures.
- Bachelor's Degree: Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Small Animal Medicine and Surgery Rotating Internship: Oradell Animal Hospital, Paramus, New Jersey
- Certified Veterinary Acupuncturist (CVA)
- Certified Canine Rehabilitation Therapist (CCRT)
- Acadiana Area Veterinary Association (AAVA)
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Louisiana Veterinary Medical Association (LVMA)