Olivia Parwana, DVM is an Emergency Medicine Veterinarian who joined the MedVet Chicago team in October 2019. Dr. Parwana earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Biology from State University of New York (SUNY) at Albany in Albany, NY followed by her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine in Saint Kitts & Nevis, West Indies.
Dr. Parwana maintains active memberships with several veterinary professional organizations, including the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), the Chicago Veterinary Medical Association (CVMA) and the Student Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society (SVECCS).
Although Dr. Parwana maintains an interest in all aspects of emergency medicine and critical care, she has particular interests in trauma and toxicity. She enjoys solving the puzzle of a complicated diagnosis.
When she isn’t practicing veterinary medicine, Dr. Parwana enjoys scuba diving, travel, sustainability/environmental consciousness, houseplants (she has over 150), urban gardening, running/fitness, and hiking/being in nature.
- Bachelor of Science (Biology): State University of New York (SUNY), Albany, New York
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine, Saint Kitts & Nevis, West Indies
- Emergency Medicine
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AMVA)
- Chicago Veterinary Medical Association (CVMA)
- Student Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society (SVECCS)