Peter Canning, DVM, Diplomate, ACVD, is a BOARD CERTIFIED VETERINARY DERMATOLOGIST® at MedVet Cincinnati. He has been a part of the team since 2021.
Dr. Canning earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Biology with a minor in Economics from Vanderbilt University in Nashville, TN followed by a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine in Auburn, AL. He then completed a rotating medicine and surgery internship at the North Carolina State University College of Veterinary Medicine in Raleigh, NC and a specialty internship in veterinary dermatology at the Gulf Coast Veterinary Specialists in Houston, TX. He completed his Veterinary Dermatology Residency at the University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine in Philadelphia, PA.
Dr. Canning has a special interest in the management of allergies and autoimmune skin disease. His favorite part of veterinary medicine is working alongside families to develop a long-term treatment plan personalized for their pet. When away from the hospital, Dr. Canning enjoys visiting the zoo, cooking, baking, and watching sports.
- Bachelor of Arts: Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine, Auburn, AL
- Internship: North Carolina State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Raleigh, NC
- Internship: Gulf Coast Veterinary Specialists, Houston, TX
- Residency: University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Dermatology® (DACVD®)
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)