Philip Cohen, VMD, Diplomate, ACVIM (Neurology), is a Board-Certified Veterinary Neurologist at MedVet Norwalk. He has been a part of the team since September 2022.
Dr. Cohen attended the University of Vermont in Burlington, VT, where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree with a minor in Chemistry. He then earned a Veterinary Medicine Doctor degree from the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, PA. Additionally, Dr. Cohen completed a rotating medicine and surgery internship at Animal Medical Center in New York, NY. He completed his residency at the Veterinary Medical Center of Long Island in West Islip, NY.
Dr. Cohen has a special interest in medical neurology and hemilaminectomy surgeries. His favorite part of veterinary medicine is developing solutions for complex medical situations and creating treatment plans for each unique patient.
When away from the hospital, he spends most of his time with his family. Dr. Cohen also enjoys watching and playing sports and listening to music.
- Bachelor of Science: University of Vermont in Burlington, VT
- Veterinary Medicine Doctor: University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, PA
- Internship: Animal Medical Center in New York, NY
- Residency: Veterinary Medical Center of Long Island in West Islip, NY
- Board-certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Neurology)