R. Brian Martin, DVM, MS, Diplomate, ACVS-SA is a board-certified Veterinary Surgeon at MedVet Indianapolis where he has been part of the surgical team since 2016. Dr. Martin attended Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University where he earned a Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry and Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine where he earned a Masters of Science and a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. Following his graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Martin completed a yearlong internship in small animal medicine and surgery at VCA Veterinary Care Referral Center in Albuquerque, New Mexico and a three-year residency in small animal surgery at the University of Minnesota.
Since becoming a board-certified Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Surgeons in 2010, Dr. Martin has authored a variety of veterinary publications and has lectured on small animal surgery to veterinarians across the United States.
Although Dr. Martin maintains an interest in all aspects of small animal surgery, he has particular interest in minimally invasive techniques including arthroscopy, laparoscopy and tracheal stent placement. He also has expertise in performing Tibial Tuberosity Advancement (TTA) surgery for torn cranial cruciate ligaments. He loves being a part of a team that enables the best solutions for patients. When not treating patients, Dr. Martin enjoys spending time with his wife and three children.
- Bachelor in Science: Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, Virginia
- Master in Science: Virginia Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine, Blacksburg, Virginia
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Virginia Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine, Blacksburg, Virginia
- Internship: VCA Veterinary Care Referral Center, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Residency: University of Minnesota College of Veterinary Medicine, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Surgeons - Small Animal
- American College of Veterinary Surgeons
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Ohio Veterinary Medical Association