Rachel Cain, DVM, CCRP, CCMT, CAC, CVA, CERP, is a Certified Canine Rehabilitation Practitioner who joined the WestVet Boise team in August 2020. She is also a Certified Veterinary Acupuncturist (CVA), Certified Animal Chiropractor (CAC), Certified Canine Manual Therapist (CCMT), Certified Equine Rehabilitation Practitioner (CERP), and a Veterinary Sports Medicine & Rehabilitation Resident. Dr. Cain earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Equine Science from William Woods University in Fulton, MO before attaining her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine in Columbus, OH. She has also started an alternative track residency in Veterinary Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation.
Dr. Cain has special interests in all things related to sports medicine, rehabilitation, and pain management including post-operative surgery, generalized arthritis, neurologic issues, weight loss, and everything in between. She enjoys the opportunity to work with each individual pet and feels that no two are the same, each requiring a unique rehabilitation plan. Her goal is to restore pets back to their best state of mobility without pain.
When not in the hospital, Dr. Cain enjoys spending time with her horse (Legend), her dogs (Killian and Liam), and her cats (Sidney, Keegan, and Niva). She enjoys the outdoors and also the cultural arts including the theater, ballet, and the symphony.
- Bachelor of Science: William Woods University, Fulton, Missouri.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
- Certified Animal Chiropractor (CAC)
- Certified Equine Rehabilitation Practitioner (CERP)
- Certified Canine Manual Therapist (CCMT)
- Certified Canine Rehabilitation Practitioner (CCRP)
- Certified Veterinary Acupuncturist (CVA)