Rachel Clement, DVM, is an Emergency Medicine Veterinarian at MedVet New Orleans and MedVet Mandeville where she has been part of the medical team since 2015. Dr. Clement attended Louisiana State University where she earned both her Bachelor of Science degree and Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. She was awarded the Excellence in Companion Animal Medicine and Surgery Award from the Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine in 2012. Following her graduation from veterinary school, Dr. Clement completed a yearlong internship in small animal medicine and surgery at Carolina Veterinary Specialists in North Carolina. She returned home to Louisiana where she worked as an emergency veterinarian for two years before joining the MedVet New Orleans team..
Dr. Clement is experienced in all aspects of emergency medicine and has particular interests in critical care, infectious diseases, and neurology. When not treating patients, Dr. Clement enjoys college football, cycling , volunteering, traveling and spending time with her two Yorkies, Reilly and Oliver. In 2010, Dr. Clement was a part of the Louisiana State Animal Response Team, which treated the wildlife affected by the Mississippi Canyon 252 Oil Spill.
- Bachelor of Science: Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Internship: Carolina Veterinary Specialists, Greensboro, North Carolina
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- American Animal Hospital Association
- Southeast Louisiana Veterinary Association