Raegan J. Wells, DVM, MS, Diplomate, ACVECC is a board-certified Veterinary Criticalist and the Medical Director at MedVet Silicon Valley where she has been a part of the team since October 2020. Dr. Wells attended Arizona State University in Tempe, AZ where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Life Sciences. She then earned a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the Colorado State University College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences in Fort Collins, CO and a Master of Science in Clinical Sciences. She went on to complete a rotating medicine and surgery internship at the Veterinary Specialty Hospital of San Diego in San Diego, CA. Following her internship, she returned to the Colorado State University College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences where she completed a Critical Care Residency. She went on to become an Assistant Professor for one year. Prior to joining MedVet, she worked in specialty practice in Phoenix, AZ for 12 years.
Dr. Wells has a special interest in rattlesnake envenomation. Her favorite part of veterinary medicine is the connections she makes with her team members and clients and observing the impact of pets on human lives.
In her spare time, Dr. Wells enjoys traveling the world and practicing yoga.
- Bachelor of Science: Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine: Colorado State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Fort Collins, Colorado
- Master of Science: Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado
- Rotating Medicine and Surgery Internship: Veterinary Specialty Hospital of San Diego, San Diego, California
- Critical Care Residency: Colorado State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Fort Collins, Colorado
- Board Certification: Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care
- American College of Veterinary Emergency & Critical Care (ACVECC)
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Veterinary Emergency & Critical Care Society (VECCS)